Extra Four Weeks Added to ‘Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!’ at Disney’s Hollywood Studios Theme Park
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – The “Frozen” fun of Arendelle won’t melt away on Labor Day, as “Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!” at Disney’s Hollywood Studios has been extended through Sept. 28, 2014.
The popularity of the icy special event prompted Anna, Elsa, Olaf and their polar pals to extend their stay at the Walt Disney World Resort theme park beyond Sept. 1, 2014 (the originally announced closing date for the event).
“Frozen,” a comedy-adventure presented by Walt Disney Animation Studios, is the highest grossing animated film of all time.
Fans of “Frozen” have been flocking to the flurry of fun at Disney’s Hollywood Studios since July 5, enjoying immersive experiences like the “For The First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration” and ice skating (on real ice!) inside Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland. Anna, Elsa & Kristoff are also welcomed by guests daily in an 11 a.m. processional down Hollywood Boulevard while ice cutters, skaters and skiers join the cavalcade.
Nearly all of the event’s components will continue daily, with the exception of the “Frozen Fireworks” spectacular. The fireworks show will be presented each night (except August 23) through September 1, and then on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only from September 5-28.
Most activities in “Frozen Summer Fun LIVE!” are included in regular park admission to Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
Here’s a rundown of what’s planned for park guests through Sept. 28, 2014 (schedule subject to change without notice):
- Anna’s & Elsa’s Royal Welcome: Each day at 11 a.m., Anna and Elsa, riding in a horse-drawn sleigh, travel in a royal procession down Hollywood Boulevard. Rugged mountain man Kristoff and Olaf the summer-loving snowman also make special appearances.
- “For The First Time in Forever: A ‘Frozen’ Sing-Along Celebration”: Inside the park’s Premiere Theater, Princess Anna and Queen Elsa join the Royal Historians of Arendelle for a fun and comedic retelling of the history of their kingdom amidst projections and special effects. Guests are invited to join in special sing-along moments from the film’s chart-topping soundtrack. At the end of the performance, guests become “Honorary Citizens of Arendelle.” The 30-minute show is presented multiple times each day.
- Wandering Oaken’s Trading Post & Frozen Funland: There’s a “big summer blowout” happening inside the park’s Soundstage One, where Oaken – the film’s trading post owner – and his cousins have created the “Frozen Funland” amidst a winter wonderland. Living up to its name, there are plenty of frozen festivities inside the makeshift adventure park Oaken and his cousins built to make the most of the sudden snowstorm.
Part of Oaken’s Frozen Funland is an ice skating rink with demonstrations by some of Oaken’s talented cousins onthe Arendelle ice.* For an additional fee, guests can don a pair of skates and hit the ice as well. Kids can enjoy frozen wintertime activities in the “Do You Want to Build a Snowman?” area. For all of his Frozen Funland friends,
Oaken has plenty of merchandise at his Trading Post, along with hot cocoa and sweet treats available for purchase. Guests also can take pictures with the film’s animated characters in a virtual setting, and then email them or share on their social media channels.
- Coolest Summer Ever Dance Party: In the evening, a live band and DJ take the stage to celebrate “Frozen” summer fun with contemporary songs and a few familiar tunes from the film.
- Take-Along Olaf: Guests have the chance to be a part of the celebration by hashtagging photos of themselves in the park with a “Take-Along Olaf.” Take-Along Olafs are distributed at various locations in the park. Guests are invited to carry Olaf with them on their Disney’s Hollywood Studios adventures. By sharing photos with the unique hashtag #OlafSummerVacation, their photos may appear on the main stage’s big screen during special momentsthroughout the day.
- Frozen Fireworks: The giant Sorcerer Mickey Hat on Hollywood Boulevard gets the full “Frozen” treatment with special projections of snow and ice images in an eye-popping spectacular above Hollywood Boulevard. Set to the film’s soundtrack, the fireworks show features some special guests, including a very magical appearance from Elsa.
The fireworks show will be presented each night (except August 23) through September 1, and then on Fridays, Saturdays, and Sundays only from September 5-28.
More Frozen Fun! The “Frozen” festivities do not end at Disney’s Hollywood Studios.
At Magic Kingdom park, fans get immersed in these “Frozen” fantasies:
- Meet Anna and Elsa inside Princess Fairytale Hall in Fantasyland.
- Anna and Elsa appear in the new daytime spectacular “Disney Festival of Fantasy Parade.”
- The “Celebrate the Magic” nighttime projection show transforms Cinderella Castle with magical visuals from“Frozen.”
Aboard Disney Cruise Line, Anna and Elsa surprise Disney cruisers with special appearances on select seven-night or longer voyages.