Mako Makes First Test Run At Seaworld Orlando
Orlando, Fla. (April 15, 2016) – Mako made its debut run along its 4,760-foot steal track at SeaWorld Orlando this week. During its inaugural test ride, Mako plunged 200-feet down from its initial lift hill, surged through nine air-time hills and reached topped speeds of 73 mph.
Mako’s tight turns and speed are inspired by reality. Mako sharks are known for their top speed, making extreme jumps and the ability to quickly change course as they pursue their prey. Riders will become submerged into the world of the mako shark and feel the power of the predator as they experience the thrill of the hunt starting June 10.
Mako Quick Facts:
- Opening June 10, 2016, Mako will be the tallest, fastest and longest coaster in Orlando.
- Mako will be a hypercoaster, designed for speed and relentless “air time”
- Orlando’s only hypercoaster lures guests to brave tight turns, stomach steep drops and endure shark-attack speeds.
- Riders will soar up to 200 feet high and reach speeds up to 73 mph.
- Mako will be the centerpiece of the new two-acre shark-themed realm which also includes Shark Encounter®, Sharks Underwater Grill®, gift shops, and shark- and shipwreck-themed educational experiences.
Follow the Mako frenzy using the hashtag #NothingFaster. Visit SeaWorld.com/Mako for more information and updates on the new ride.