The Dawn Brancheau Foundation Hosts the Fifth Annual “DREAM BIG 5K” at SeaWorld Orlando
ORLANDO, Fla. (April 18, 2015) – The Dawn Brancheau Foundation’s Fifth Annual Dream Big 5K was held this morning at SeaWorld Orlando. All event proceeds will benefit community service projects positively impacting organizations in Central Florida.
The Dream Big 5K is a scenic 3.1 mile fun run through SeaWorld Orlando. Dream Big 5K participants were encouraged to form teams and ask family, friends, and co-workers to join them. During the run, Dawn’s inspirational music from her personal iPod was played throughout the park. There was also a special route for a Family Fun Walk, where strollers/baby joggers were welcomed.
The Dawn Brancheau Foundation is dedicated to improving the lives of children and animals in need, inspiring others to follow their dreams, and promoting the importance of community service.
The proceeds from this year’s event will be used to:
- Purchase a Yamaha Electric Utility Cart for the Adopt-A-Villa program at Give Kids the World
- Supply bunk beds and dressers for the boys at Central Florida Children’s Home
- Provide funds for Dawn’s Garden and the construction of a new playground swing set at Edgewood Children’s Ranch
- Purchase picnic tables for Dawn’s Picnic Area at Matthew’s Hope Firm Foundation Preschool
- Sponsor the construction of Dawn’s Nature Trail and Gazebo at Harbor House of Central Florida
- Purchase three benches for the new dog walk at Orange County Animal Services
- Build an area for small dogs to Dawn’s Play Yard at Osceola County Animal Services
- Sponsor a day of free spay and neuter services for Dolly’s Foundation
Immediately following the event, all participants were invited to join volunteers assembling “Family Food Bags” for the families serviced by Matthew’s Hope and “Doggie Treat Bags” for the dogs sheltered by Osceola County and Dolly’s Foundation.
The Dawn Brancheau Foundation was formed in 2010 in memory of Dawn Brancheau, a truly inspirational woman. For more information about the Foundation or to donate, please visit DawnsFoundation.org.