Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic returns with even more to enjoy
LAKE BUENA VISTA, Fla. – Sept. 23, 2014 – The Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic returns for the fifth year to the Epcot Resort Area hotelOctober 31 – November 1, featuring more than 40 food and wine stations; 10 food and wine seminars and the opportunity to meet the masters behind the culinary magic.
Amidst a backdrop of live entertainment, celebratory surprises and even some spooky fun on Halloween night, guests will enjoy numerous opportunities to sip and savor all weekend as they stroll along the hotel’s causeway.
The two-night event offers an enticing array of culinary options from the hotel’s award-winning signature restaurants: Il Mulino New York Trattoria, Shula’s Steak House and Todd English’s bluezoo, as well as wine and spirits sampling from around the globe.
The food selections are as innovative as they are enticing, ranging from Italian arancini, marrying Carnaroli rice, Osso Buco and spicy tomato sauce, and the Asian-inspired grilled scallops with puffed rice, edamame and ponzu jelly; to barbeque handcrafted bacon, accented with sweet potato puree and caramelized onions. And, the hotel’s World Champion Pastry Chef, Laurent Branlard, provides intrigue on the sweeter side with finishing touches like a chocolate crunch Napoleon with hazelnut daquoise and chocolate whipped cream, and a lemon peel mousse dome with blueberry cream and lemon angel food cake at its center.
“We’re excited about the fifth annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic,” said the hotel’s Director of Food & Beverage, Tony Porcellini. “This year, we’ll present even more intriguing wine selections from around the globe; showcase our culinary creativity with exciting new dishes; expand on our seminar offerings, and introduce a beer garden! Our goal is to make this event bigger and better each year and have fun doing it!”
New to the event this year are:
- A beer garden, featuring a variety of local and seasonal brews from around the world, alongside homemade bar snacks made by the hotel’s culinary experts. An upgraded ticket option provides guests access to the beer garden.
- The Cheese Course seminar, which pays homage to fromage with a unique look at the art of wine and cheese pairing.
- The Fine Art of Sushi and Sake seminar, which will teach guests how to identify quality sushi and sake flavor profiles and pair the two.
- A hands-on Caipirinha seminar, where guests will learn both the traditional recipe and try some unique twists to this ever-popular Brazilian cocktail.
- Tequila University, offering an in-depth look at tequila, its different styles, the artisans who make it and the secrets to making the perfect margarita.
Returning seminars include: pasta-making, Italian wines, modern mixology, beer, wine-blending and champagne. All seminars require separate tickets in addition to the causeway tickets, and space is limited.
To add to the event’s appeal, guests can enjoy a meet and greet with celebrity chef Todd English, the namesake of the hotel’s Todd English’s bluezoo restaurant. Guests can also meet and enjoy world-class desserts from the hotel’s very own executive pastry chef, Laurent Branlard, the world’s only two-time World Champion Pastry Chef. Barbeque fans shouldn’t miss the Cib’s Smoke House station for signature barbeque dishes from the hotel’s executive chef Robert Ciborowski.
Tickets to the Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic are available as part of a hotel package or individually. For more information or to book, please visit www.SwanDolphinFoodandWineClassic.com.
What: Fifth Annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic
Info: The Fifth Annual Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic at the Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel returns October 31 – November 1, showcasing a vast array of food and beverage options along with informative seminars conducted by members of the hotel’s award-winning food and beverage team. Highlighting the event is the appearance of celebrity chef Todd English.
The Swan and Dolphin Food & Wine Classic consists of 10 food and beverage seminars, live entertainment, a new beer garden and more than 40 food and beverage stations, featuring appetizing selections from the hotel’s signature restaurants: Shula’s Steak House, Il Mulino New York Trattoria and Todd English’s bluezoo, as well as wines, beers and cocktails from around the world.
When: Friday, October 31, and Saturday, November 1 5:30–9 p.m.
Where: Walt Disney World Swan and Dolphin Hotel Causeway
1500 Epcot Resorts Blvd.
Lake Buena Vista, Florida 32830
– One and two-night packages, including tickets to the outdoor festival for two and overnight accommodations, are available starting at $315 per night
– Advance purchase event-only tickets are available for $95 per person, including taxes and include unlimited food and beverage samples on the causeway
-Upgraded tickets that include the beer garden are $115 per person, including taxes
– Beverage seminars are $45 per person, per class including taxes
– Pasta making and pairing seminars are $60 per person including taxes